Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Retesting in the GED math test

"I passed all the tests, but the GED math test. I scored a 400 and I need a 410. What can I do".

Believe it or not.... you are NOT alone. I have worked with several students who have scored between a 380 and 400 on their math test.

For most of them, they needed to go back to the basics and review fractions, decimals, and percents.

I know, I know! You just want to take the math test, pass it and get on with your life. You might be someone who can review and retake the test fairly fast..... or you may need to study for awhile and after a month or two.... then retest.

My advice. Find a good book and a good tutor. Take your time, be patient with yourself, and you will know when you are ready again to attempt the GED Math test.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I SCORED A 390 ON MY PRACTICE TEST. I HAVE BEEN STUDY ALONE FOR 3 MONTHS, I HAVE TWO KIDS AND WORK FULLTIME AND I DONT HAVE TIME FOR CLASSES. I SCORED 600 AND ABOVE ON MY OTHER PARTS, SO I BELIEVE I AM A FAIRLY INTELLIGENT INDIVIDUAL. I FEEL MY BIGGEST ISSUE KNOWING WHAT FORMULA TO USE IN THE WORLD PROBLEMS AND THE ALEGRBA, GEOMETRY. I AM VERY FAMILAIR WITH THE PATHOGREM THEORM AND JUST FEEL VERY CONFUSED BY ALOT OF THE SHAPES. I AM GOING TO TAKE THE OFFICAL TEST APRIL 6TH.I AM NOT CONFIDENT ON MY MATH SKILLS. BUT WHY NOT TRY YOU KNOW? I ALREADY PAID 15 DOLLARS FOR THE TEST WHY OPUT IT TO WASTE.